01 Jul What do we mean when we say… good society?
This program is designed as a collective work on research and reflection on the elements of contemporary theories of democratic socialism in various areas of social life today in Serbia. The intention of this series is to translate the collected knowledge into special publications available to the general public, representatives of scientific institutions and other educational centers, civil society, active citizens, political actors and other stakeholders Groups. The authors seek to sketch credible and sustainable alternatives to existing neoliberal policies that have marked the ideological and political scene of Serbia for two decades.
With a series of publications What do we mean when we say… research experts from different fields try to outline the framework of good society. Answering the question What makes a good society, the authors from different perspectives address the key components of the social system, i.e. the spheres of society, pointing out the need for changes towards a fairer, more sustainable and democratic society. The publications from this series can be read as a vision, but also as practical program solutions in the areas of economics, culture, politics, ecology, education, health, gender equality and other fields. Connecting them all are the common principles and values of freedom, equality and solidarity.
The editors of the series What do we mean when we say … are Ivica Mladenović, Srdjan Prodanović and Gazela Pudar Draško.
Publications in PDF of the titles can be found below:
- Ivica Mladenović and Goran Marković: What do we mean when we say… New social contract
- Jelena Ćeriman and Zona Zarić: What do we mean when we say… New care policies
- Mario Reljanović: What do we mean when we say… decent work
- Milica Sekulović i Olga Nikolić: What do we mean when we say… New education system
- Predrag Đurić: What do we mean when we say… New health care system
- Iva Marković: What do we mean when we say… Sustainability and environmental protection
- Marko Božić: What do we mean when we say… Secular state
- Adriana Zaharijević: What do we mean when we say… Improving the status of women
- Milenko Srećković and Vladimir Vasić: What do we mean when we say… New agricultural policy
- Nina Mihaljinac: What do we mean when we say… New cultural policies
The publications were created within the project “Engage, Inspire, Empower: the Rhizome of engaged democracy” implemented by the Institute for Democratic Engagement Southeast Europe in partnership with the Institute for Philosophy and Social Theory of the University of Belgrade , with the support of the Open Society Foundation.